Accubonds, how far off of the lands?

ReloadKy

I have decided to give Nosler accubonds a try in my 30-06. I went with the 165 gr. I know all rifles are different but in the experience of people that have loaded accubonds, do they typically like a pretty big jump or do they like to be seated closer to the lands? My rifle has shot the 165 ballistic tips great and I am tempted to use the same recipe with the accubonds but wanted to get some info from people that have loaded them before.

I shoot 180 ABs in a 30-06 and they like some jump. I did the Berger seating depth methodology and they liked the furthest jump of that test. Something like .14" off lands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unproven method

I have read but not tested the following method yet. I've read that, as many of you here know, the use of the ladder test with the chronograph. In the past, I've only looked at my printed target. When I test again, I plan to look at the MV with the prints.

To add, and you can research this or someone can chime in, I've read that when you find your petload for a given test load and CBTO, you adjust your seating depth. The test load of the same powder charge and CBTO with the lowest SD is your ideal petload. I plan to do this on future tests to see if this methodology is correct.

Back