Access road to shooting range in Unicoi, TN washed away...

Calamity Jane

ACK!

Due to recent area flooding, the access road to mine and hubby's favorite range (and perhaps the range itself) has been washed away!

ACK! ACK! ACK! :mad:

The road is torn all to heck - hubby and I could still have made it through in our Jeep to see if the actual range is still there, but the range is closed and the entrance roped off.

We discovered this sad fact last weekend when we drove out for an afternoon of shooting, and we went out there again last night to see if repair efforts have begun, but alas... NO.

We'll be giving the Forest Service a call (the range is a part of Cherokee National Forest) to try and get a bead on when things might be ship-shape again... (SOON, I hope... we don't pay our two bucks for nothin', grumble grumble...)

Last edited:
Hey..could you do me a favor and continue to post updates as you fing them out. I live in Richmond, Va but my parents live in Gray and I plan on coming out next month and would love to take my Dad out and intro him to my new Glock. Thanks!!

Sure thing...

I'll post here when I have news! (don't have any yet, though, unfortunately.)

And the range just *had* to get washed away a scant few weeks after I get my new .357 Magnum that's oh-so-fun to shoot...

Grumble, grumble,
mutter, mutter,
grouse, grouse, grouse...

Back