• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Access problem from one of my computers...???

JNewell

Anyone got any ideas why I can't get to TFL since the site went active early this week? I had been able to access TFL previously. Other computers are OK. Any suggestions welcome.

Are you trying to access from work? Perhap the IT guys have implemented site filters.

What is the difference between the computer you are using now and the one you can't access from?

Have you cleared your cookies and your cache?

-Dave

Ironically, my work computer is the only one I can read TFL from. All the home computers refuse to access the page. It acts like a DNS error.

Maybe I need to manually week out all the old cookies? Any suggestions welcome. I'd rather not read non-work stuff at work...

Cookies won't affect whether you can access the site at all.

Can you access it from home now? I think this might be related to the thread I posted this morning in this forum. It only started affecting me on Friday.

Back