Absolute Newbie Question On Front Rifle Rest

Oldshotout

Inactive
As stated in the title, this is a Newbie question and I'm sure some will say totally ignorant, but you don't know if you don't ask; so here it is...

I bought a Cowan Rifle Rest from someone who bought it new and then decided to not shoot at all (long story). I have all of the parts of the Rest but don't have a clue as to how to use it. Can someone help?? What is the ships wheel type turning wheel used for and the long lever at the bottom of the heavy part of the Rest, what is it used for. The Rest came in about five different pieces and I have them all and have it assembled but still am confused about the correct use. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I know it sounds elementary, but as I said, I'm new at this...............Thanks and no flames, please.

Congrats on the Cowan, I shoot with one myself and love the rest and the whole story behind it. Not sure about your description, but if you're asking about the T-handled rod attached to the base, that is screwed in to lock the elevation, and screwed out to loosen, which lets you use the mariners wheel to raise the rest.

Hope that helps,
Eric

Back