About this MOTY thing.........

Miss Demeanors

I forgot about the Member of the Year thread and just read it. While I am honored that anyone would even consider me member of the year for anything, I dont think I am the right person for this. There are so many intelligent posters here who have made outstanding accomplishments. I did accomplish alot this year, but I think it benefits me rather than anyone else. If anything, I would nominate everyone on this board for that category. Its every one here that has taught me something. I may not post at every thread, but I do go through most of them. I learn alot, and I see new views. I personally have not accomplished anything major yet, except maybe figuring out how to upload a webpage. :) I have only been shooting ONE time, so I haven't accomplished good aim yet. I have a lonnnnnnnnnnggggg way to go on alot of things. So you might want to consider one of the many other successful posters we have here, there's alot to choose from! :)

------------------
My-website
We are as one as we all are the same fighting for one cause -Metallica

Miss D
Most of us are basically "upgrading" our levels of knowledge, skills etc but you have come much further than a mere "upgrade"'. You've changed your whole ideals. That is something so hard to do that most people would bury their head in the sand instead of doing something. Changing the status quo is the hardest thing a person can do.
As for the only shooting once part; if you ever make it to the St Louis area, I can fix that with a moderate assortment of "toys" to play with.

Uh, I mistook this for Man of the Year, as in Time ragazine. My vote would of course be for Hilary Rotham Clinton for Man of the Year.

George Hill would get my vote for Member of the Year since he got rid of those silly HKs and got a real pistol, even if it is SA!

LOL :)

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1785
We don't have a chaplain here, but I don't view that as any major problem... You can rest assured
that you will not go in that bag until I've said a few appropriate words over you
R. Lee Ermy as Sgt Major Haffner, from The Siege of Firebase Gloria
If you have to shoot a man, shoot him in the guts. It may not kill him... sometimes they die slow, but it'll paralyze his brain and arm and the fight is all but over Wild Bill Hickok

Whoops! I wrote that before I knew about the HK/COLT connection! Of should that be COLT/HK? :) LOL

I got it! Mebbe we can call the new co. HKOLT!! LOL ;)
------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1785
We don't have a chaplain here, but I don't view that as any major problem... You can rest assured
that you will not go in that bag until I've said a few appropriate words over you
R. Lee Ermy as Sgt Major Haffner, from The Siege of Firebase Gloria
If you have to shoot a man, shoot him in the guts. It may not kill him... sometimes they die slow, but it'll paralyze his brain and arm and the fight is all but over Wild Bill Hickok

[This message has been edited by BigG (edited December 30, 1999).]

Miss D
I certainly agree that we are all upgrading our knowledge. When I was 21 I thought I knew absolutely everything about guns. ammunition and shooting! A number of years and a few firefights later I have found out that there are quite a few things I dpn't know and I need all the help I can get on many things which is why I like TFL.

Congratulations on your new website.
Have a Happy New Year and keep yoir eye on your front sight.

Back