• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Ability or ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

USP45usp

Does VB allow a "you're close to the line" option?

As in, if you are going/getting close to the line that you are warned?

The only reason that I ask is that I love debate as much as the next person but sometimes, I know that I am close to the line and sometimes crosses it (I hope that I haven't yet here but sometimes it feels like it).

What I am getting at is that I see Marko, and some other mods, getting alittle upset with some of the posts/threads, as in most cases they are justified.

But on a recent thread that I didn't want to go the way it did, it was closed by a mod and given the title of "another thread that...." and it wasn't made for that, in no way did I even think that at the time I made it.

It was kind of insulting that the mod made the original poster seem what he wasn't (me). But he was correct in closing the thread because of what other members turned it into.

But with that, I have no idea where I stand. My postings or threads, good, bad, indifferent. It's hard to figure out what each person wants or will allow or even with the rules, what is the grey line, what crosses the line.

I do have a personality problem, I don't trust the actions of others, and I don't understand the limits or the lines created here. I love this place and I wish to stay if allowed.

I just need to learn, know, what is allowed on all aspects. I don't attack anyone (I do address them directly in a post), I don't use the words that would have created the *****'s and I don't even try to put in characters that you know well what it spells but trying to get past the censor.

And I will admit that I don't know how to act, react, or if I'm doing well, or not. Too many factors going on to know that, as a member, I am well within the rules/guidelines/gray areas, that when I log on, I don't get the "you ain't authorized to do this" message.

I guess my paranoia is running overboard today. Sorry.

Wayne

Fixed. Didn't realize that the first thread went through, just asked for deletion on it. TFL had just come up so I guess I was alittle fast for it and didn't realize that it had taken the first time :(.

Wayne

It was kind of insulting that the mod made the original poster seem what he wasn't (me). But he was correct in closing the thread because of what other members turned it into.
You're taking this too personally. The line was crossed when someone, not you, started ranting about how all of Islam is evil. True or false, that is a banned subject, because the debate has repeatedly been shown to be unresolvable.

This is not the place for you to vent about your misinterpreting a thread closure as a personal attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back