ABC Celibrates NICS birthday

Fred S

Take a look at the last article on this page:
http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/us/HallsOfJustice/hallsofjustice.html

This ia my comment I sent to ABC:

Hello:

I just read Beverly Lumpkin's "Halls of Justice" page dated 3 Dec. She has a short article called "Happy Birthday NICS" in which she mentions that 160,000 gun purchases were stopped by the NICS and that of those 72% were felons attempting to purchase guns. However she does not mention whether any of those 72% were prosecuted for breaking the law as it is illegal for a felon to even attempt to buy a gun. Was this a oversight due to Beverly not knowing about this violation of law or is purposely covered up by ABC news to make the NICS look more effective than what it is? The truth is that not many are prosecuted, maybe ABC news should explore why this is so.

Thank you.

Fred S

Thats an easy one... The gun is evil and the felon is just a victim of society, child abuse, drugs, stupidity, etc. :) So to prosecute them again would only damage them more. Excuse me while I vomit.

------------------
It's not paranoia, they really are out to get me.

Okay, but how many of the remaining 28% were simple errors, typos, or simply botched records which restricted firearms access to innocent, law-abiding citizens?

------------------
Don LeHue

Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats.

Back