A5 trigger has gotten heavy

neaserpig

Inactive
I have 2 browning A5's both japanese. on opening day of duck season i noticed my safety would slip to fire without any click or resistance. I took it to my sons gun shop and he said something about a detent and he would order a part. while waiting for the part i used my other A5. the new part came in and was installed but the trigger is now way too stiff which makes no sense as there is no adjustment to make it stiff and all we did was replace the safety parts. so still using my other A5 and this safety does the same thing.(no click or resistance) when we ordered the parts we had to order 2 pcs. so we were able to fix the gun the same day and this trigger is still normal. has anyone ever experienced this or have any idea of what i could do to remedy this. the stiff trigger is too much to pull while trying to concentrate on which bird to shoot. thanks

I'm going off some old memories here, but I would say something was botched during the parts replacement. Drop the trigger group and you should be able to figure out what's wrong pretty easily.

Back