A very close call but Im very happy now...

johnelmore

Before the election I pictured an unfriendly Supreme Court, an unfriendly Congress and an unfriendly President. I was going to drive 4 hours to a Trump rally but my wife said what was the point...he is going to lose. I thought it was over...really over. A week before I had early voted...for Trump.

I listened to my wife and maybe that was a bad idea in hindsight. I placed my Trump sigm by the bed. I went to bed early and I awoke to not only a Trump win but to a very friendly Congress.

Maybe I should have sold my collection before the election because now comfort will set in and there will be a glut. There was certainly one good thing about Obama and that is he knew how to drive up prices. Ill live with the depreciation. Im just happy its morning in America again but this time we are now over friendly territory.

Last edited:
Keep in mind the new strategy of the anti-gun zealots is to focus on individual States. So, yes people might be happy on a national level, but I bet the folks in Massachusetts. New York, California aren’t really smiling. Also, people in places like Georgia, North Carolina and Arizona may be smiling, but it’s a very nervous smile. Yes, we dodged that proverbial bullet this time and won a battle, but the war is far from over.

Trump certainly has a lot on his plate for this country; however, I would like to see him (or Congress) take up a national right to carry law. There certainly may not be any better time than now with Republicans controlling all branches of government.

Yes, gun-control advocates would continue their efforts on a state-by-state basis; however, this would potentially undo some things that have been done by individual states. Bans on certain types of weapons and restrictions on magazine capacity might remain in place. However, a national right to carry law should effectively make every state a "shall issue" state and that would certainly put a damper on some the antis' efforts and help to preserve the basic tenet of 2A.

Last edited:
Back