A Triple Barrel Revolver!

Siggy-06

I came across this online today: Pistola con Caricato

From what I've learned, it was a one of a kind project made in Italy. It fires 3 6.35x16mm rounds with each pull of the trigger. Kind of like a revolver/pepperbox combo. I wonder if this would classify as a machinegun here in the US? I love oddities like this.

Last edited:
That's amazing! I've seen several large capacity revolvers, but none that had more than 1 barrel. Thanks for sharing it.

Did the site mention what distance the barrels are regulated for?;)

Looks like it would take about 45 minutes to poke out all those empties and re-load.
That would give your trigger finger time to rest from firing all those double action shots.

Thanks for sharing this -06.
Seriously, that is the coolest gun I've seen in a while.

JT

18 rounds - it would be called "high capacity" in NY and NJ.........Takes the "drilling" concept to a different level.......

That is the best thing I've seen in a handgun in a long time. The IWB holster for that thing might be a little uncomfortable though . . .

An 18 round revolver with just 6 shots... It's a novelty but is there any real use for it? You would have a difficult time trying to conceal it, it's not really a large enough cartridge to hunt with, and try to explain to a jury how you fired 18 rounds from a revolver without reloading...

I think I want one. I wonder if it could be re-timed to shoot the top left barrel first then the lower barrel then the top right barrel. Now THAT would be kool! ;)

Siggy-06 said:
I wonder if this would classify as a machinegun here in the US? I love oddities like this.
I believe it would be classified as a machine gun in the U.S. Our definition under federal law is a firearm capable of firing more than one shot with a single pull of the trigger.

When Arsenal Firearms came out with their unique AF-2011 double (not just double barrel but double everything) 1911, there was a lot of conjecture as to whether or not it would be allowed in the U.S. because, as designed, the twin triggers were locked so that a single pull fired both barrels. From what I understand, the BATFE has granted permission to import the AF-2011 into the U.S., but I believe it's a modified version with two, independent triggers.

http://gearsofguns.com/arsenal-firearms-double-barrel-1911-pistol-for-sale-in-the-usa/

Note:

Technical Specs:

Type: geometric lock, semiautomatic double barrel hammer pistol
Action: short recoil, Colt 1911-A1 system
Calibers: .45 ACP, .38 Super Auto
Trigger: double hammer with single spur, double independent or single trigger.
Safeties: left lever safety (Colt 1911) with half cock hammer safety and grip safety
Magazine: 2 single magazines, paired with single floor plate, 8+8 rounds
Frame: 39NiCrMo steel machined from solid
Slide: 39NiCrMo steel machined from solid
Sights: interchangeable back, fixed or adjustable
Total Length: 220 mm
Barrel Length: 125 mm
Total Height: 145 mm
Total Width: 50 mm
Total Weight: 1.850 Grs. unloaded

how you fired 18 rounds from a revolver without reloading...

"Oh tish tosh," scoffs DaleA. "Every cowboy on every cowboy show every Saturday morning used to do that and more!"

No, no, no.

The Lone Ranger never needed more than one shot, Especially when he was taking out a bad guy who was armed with a rifle, at a range of 200 yards or more. Man, them thar silver boolits were some kind o' special.

I think you are absolutely correct Aguila Blanca!
I think he was famous for never killing a foe. Like you said those silver bullets worked really, really well. Plus he was all set up if he ever got attacked by werewolves.

the BATFE has granted permission to import the AF-2011 into the U.S., but I believe it's a modified version with two, independent triggers.

I looked into this a bit, at the time. There were two versions, one, for sale outside the US had a single trigger that fired both actions. The US version had two triggers, side by side, that LOOKED like one trigger with "two halves". ONE pull could fire both, it was two triggers (mechanically independent) being pulled at one time, which satisfied the US legal requirement.

Same mechanical process as firing both barrels of a double trigger shotgun at the same time, (pulling two triggers), the difference was both pistol triggers were "co-located" so both could be pulled with one finger.

If I remember right, it was also possible to fire only one, but this was very awkward to do.

Never saw a 3 barrel revolver, before. Have seen (in books) examples of two barrel ones, all old late 1800s stuff, save one, that was modern, a prototype that never went into production as far as I know.

Two barrels, one at the normal top of the frame, the other at the bottom. One was .357 Mag and the other was .22LR, with the firing mechanism switchable from one to the other. They did NOT fire at the same time.
I have long forgotten the name, sorry...

44 AMP, I believe you're referring to the 1861 LeMat Revolver, or the Henrion, Dassy & Heuschen double-barrel revolver.

Back