A three "WOW!" video

That's frikken unreal! At first I thought it was a joke of some kind...two guys with skinny-@ss legs walking up that hill.

I can visualize lots of applications in another 10 years...search & rescue, minesweeping, bugs-n-gas detection, recon, all the way up to a platoon of these with SAWs.

That thing needs to be quieter... Or maybe freaking out the enemy with the sound of your robo-dog is part of the appeal?

The autonomous support vehicles (I guess you would lump this thing into that classification) are interesting, but the mechanically-assisted robotic exoskeletons are the real wave of the future.

Assuming they can get the power problem fixed, anyway (my bet is on solid-state H2 storage, you can use the gas tank as armor).

That's frikken unreal! At first I thought it was a joke of some kind...two guys with skinny-@ss legs walking up that hill.

Ditto. That's what I thought it looked like also.

I can visualize lots of applications in another 10 years...search & rescue, minesweeping, bugs-n-gas detection, recon, all the way up to a platoon of these with SAWs.

345 payload weight / 235 net weight = nearly 150% weight to load ratio.

The main thing I see it used for is exactly what the funding entity sees it used for -- military applications. They need to do something about the noise it makes, though.

I saw that earlier. Frankly I feel it's a massive breakthrough in robot design. Just look how it handled the ice slipup...no way I'd recover that well.

very cool. The way it recovers is unreal, almost creepy, in the way it seems to act like an animal. Ya, it's loud, but that could be changed and in most situations it won't matter.

Old hat! Did you see little dog?

The bugs are the ones that bother me! They have one that can crawl trees and stuff. :eek:

California approved, Tungsten Buck Shot! Down it Goes!

Back