A Thing of Beauty

Woody55

What's the best looking rifle you own?

I favor my Winchester 1894 Ranger. It's slim and well proportioned. It isn't fancy, but it looks like I think I rifle should.

The Ruger No. 1 is the finest looking rifle out there. Great wood and the curves of the rifle are perfect. With or without a scope, the gun is just a jaw dropper. Mine is a 45-70 Government topped with a Nikon Monarch and even though I find it stunning to behold, it is a working gun.

Last edited:
I agree on the Ruger #1 but I don't own one so that leaves my Ruger 77 Mk II all-weather (stainless) .300 Win Mag. with the new laminated and laser checkered stock I just put on it. Got rid of the ugly paddle stock and (after I had it pillar and glass bedded and the barrel free floated) shoots into almost one hole if I can hold that steady.

attachment.php

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 433
Hmmmm. I suspect you are asking about factory rifles (I own several custom rifles, and it's not a fair comparison). I would have to say my old Ruger 77 R (old model 77 with a clean barrel), it has such classic lines and handles very nicely (plus it shoots pretty good). Or maybe you meant my Remington 541T 22LR bolt action, it has a "real rifle" look and feel to it. Maybe you meant my Ruger 77/22 Target Grey, it is kind of a plain Jane, but shoots well enough I don't really think it is plain. Or my old Winchester 67 or . . . OK, I like 'em all.

That would be my CZ 452 Military Trainer.

That would be my CZ 452 Military Trainer.

452-LR.jpg

Long and sleek,,,
I love the Schnabel fore end.

Aarond

I like the stainless and grey stock Warbird. That's a nice looking, and it sounds like a nice shooting rifle you have there.

I like the metal finish on the 92 high grade, but the wood is nicer on the 94 high grade. I really like a well done Mauser or Springfield sporter also.

IMG_2871.jpg

IMG_2859.jpg

94 with the first light of day coming in the window,

IMG_0528.jpg

That would be my...

Win Model 70 Classic Featherweight, with schnabel forend and fleur-de-leis checkering pattern.:D

Prettiest shotgun (I never thought you would ask) is a Rem Model 870 twenty gauge Lightweight Magnum Wingmaster. Beautiful wood grain, nice blue job.

No black plastic, stainless steel for me.:cool:

For appearance sake, My Mini-30 looks as good as it shoots.:eek:

11934.jpg

For the nicest factory appearance, I love my Winchester Model 100's. This is the rifle version ;)
11278.jpg

JC Higgins M50 (commercial FN Mauser) .30-06

DSC_0046.jpg

1903 Springfield .35 Whelen, in the process of refinishing the stock.

P1000448-w.jpg

Zastava custom (High Tech Customs) .25-06 Rem

P1000411.jpg

Savage 99A Brush Gun .358 Win

Picture006.jpg

Charles Daly custom Mini Mauser (Weaver Rifles) .250 Savage

250-1.jpg

Stevens 200 custom (by me!) 6x47 Rem

DSC_0029.jpg

This is probably the prettiest one I have that's new. It's a Bat SV action with Bartlien barrel and just recently topped with an IOR 4x16 FFP Mil/Mil

Attachments

• IMAG0242.jpg
    IMAG0242.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMAG0241.jpg
    IMAG0241.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 37
Taylor's got me beat, but my fave is my Savage 110 .270 win with painted camo stock, only for some reason my pics won't download.....:rolleyes:

This is my best looking in my opinion, but most others will say the pre 64 .338 Win mag is the best looking...

I just love the look of the 50's...

DSCI2131.jpg

Last edited:
Back