A slide to side or flip mount that *is* a rail...

Sabre9mm

I have found myself in possession of a new GEN2 Sub 2000.

It comes NIB with the new railed front end, the top of which folds almost completely flush with the opposite side of the weapon.

I owned its predecessor once, and regretted trading it off even though at the time if was over a 200% return on investment at the time. I always thought this platform with its folding peep sight begged for a reliable way to install a red dot in between the post and the peep. Then I went through home depot looking for some sort of spring loaded hinge set up to screw a rail to and fasten to the top of the fore grip.

Now with the rail, this may be a reality, what I would love is a rail that would simply slide to the side that I could mount a LUCID Microdot on, so when folded it would slide right *just* enough to clear the lower when folded.

I like this one...

Unfold and slide it left back to zero.

I have not been able to find anything just like that.

Alternatively I could use something like flip to side magnifier / flashlight mounts like This... and something like a Burris tube type design like This...

I will not get the subbie until tuesday LGS is closed on monday and it arrived friday while I was still in vegas :-(

So I will need to get some precise measurements before I buy anything, honestly though I would prefer the slide to side if ANYONE knows of ANY product like that I would love to meet it! I can see one in my head, but have no means to build it...

Back