A sign of the times

shuler13

There is a Friday the 13th Marathon on SyFy and I about fell out of my chair when I saw this scene in Friday the 13th VI: Jason Lives

jyqa2u4a.jpg

amuny6u9.jpg

What did that thing take? D cell batteries?

The prop master wanted to make sure the audience got the message as to how neat her gun was.
Her grip is cool, too.
It's called the flying finger grip.
It's Sillywood, remember.

The ironic part is, they probably spent more on props than they would have if they'd went out and bought the real deal.

"The Google" says Friday the 13th part VI came out in '86. What were gun lasers like then?

Yeah, I guess that is what I was thinking about. 25 years ago, this passed as a laser sight on a pistol. Laser tech has come a long way

If I remember correctly the laser sight from terminator required a battery pack on his hip that was connected via a cord that ran up his sleeve.

quote: "The ironic part is, they probably spent more on props than they would have if they'd went out and bought the real deal."

Yeah, but how many actors would YOU trust with a real gun?

quote: "The ironic part is, they probably spent more on props than they would have if they'd went out and bought the real deal."

Yeah, but how many actors would YOU trust with a real gun?

IIRC, Brandon Lee did, while filming "The Crow" ...... and look what happened.

Last edited:
The actual gun looks like a Dan Wesson. Back in the '80's, I do remember seeing ads for lasers like that.

...and before anyone gripes about factual accuracy or gun handing, I feel compelled to point out that we're discussing Friday the 13th VI: Jason Lives. :rolleyes:

Lasers were huge back then.

Saw a similar laser on top of a Desert Eagle that was confiscated during a drug raid on the show Cops.

Hooray for Hollywood...

That is a huge honking red laser on the revolver. It brings back the memories... :D .
Like the "high tech" weapons on NBC's cop show; Miami Vice. Also the huge red laser-aimer on the Detonics .451 pistol in The Terminator(1984).
It was a real growing period for lasers & add-ons in the gun industry as displayed in the Hollywood cop shows & action films of the era.
If you haven't watched it, see; Tango & Cash(1991). Kurt Russell plays a hard-charger LAPD detective that packs a Ruger GP100 4" barrel with a red dot laser that looks like a toaster oven on top of it! How a real cop would "conceal" that rig for 8 to 10 hours a day beats me. :rolleyes:

Clyde
PS: big ups go out to the cool tactical 12ga pump, COL Matrix(Arnold Schwarznegger) uses at the climax of Commando(1984) which has a red laser built into the extended magazine tube. I think that was either a prop or just R&Ded because it didnt really catch on with police or military users.
www.imfdb.org

yep... don't get me started... I didn't have one quite that big, but bought into the early laser stuff I think I paid $600.00 for an early laser that wasn't visible in "day light" back in the day... about the same era I think $800.00 for my 1st "day light laser" I think it took 3 of the biggest of the camera sized batteries 3/4" X 1.5" per battery...

I was so disgusted, when I saw how fast they got both better & cheaper, I swore off modern shooting electronics, almost permanently ( still have 3 of those original scope sized Pro Point dot sights on 3 of my old competition semi autos )

...and before anyone gripes about factual accuracy or gun handing, I feel compelled to point out that we're discussing Friday the 13th VI: Jason Lives.

So what you're saying is that it isn't a documentary?

"The Google" says Friday the 13th part VI came out in '86. What were gun lasers like then?

I'm sure most of them were smaller than a D cell flashlight.

I remember looking at an Uzi that had a laser sight on it with a tape switch, and the laser housing was somewhere around the size a AA or C cell flashlight. That was around 1988.

:D After looking at that pic again, I have to say, if they could make a gun that small back then, I'm sure they could make a laser sight much smaller than that one. That thing looks like the liquid hydrogen tank attached to the space shuttle.

Anybody remember the American 180? Full auto .22 with a laser sight. The sight looked like a foot long slab of 2X4 painted black.

So I google up that ^^^^^ and want one now..geee thanks Sgt

Also read that Utah prison guards were issued them..really? a 22lr? :p

According to imfdb.org,,,

According to imfdb.org, It was a:

Dan Wesson Model 15-VH

Deputy Colone (Vincent Guastaferro) uses a Dan Wesson Model 15-VH with a huge laser sight attachment as his on duty weapon which is later stolen by Megan Garris (Jennifer Cooke).

Aarond

Back