A shooting video of the Romanian TTC

Who is the enemy???

Mike,

I spent almost 30 years in the Navy as well and I agree. It was a whole lot easier when we knew who the enemy was.

I dint do supply, I did electronics.

Good vid. Nice pistol. Nice Hat.

Navy electronics here as well, and the first one I bought (in Augsburg Germany) was a CZ-50 back in 1987. Love the soviet era guns. Have a CZ-82, P-64, and a TTC as well. CZ-50 was stolen from my packout back to the states. Wish I had it.

BTW, a TU-90 9mm barrel will work in the TTC, with a 9mm barrel bushing. Same recoil spring and magazines will work.

^^^ For me they just don't point as natural as a makarov or CZ. After a bit of practice and lots of milsurp ammo though, it seems it was way more capable than I was.

Sigh... you're making me miss my TTC....
I found it to point different from my modern pistols, but once you got in enough practice rounds, it would hit (very hard) whatever you aimed at.

TTC

it was unusual counting past 5 watching you shoot. I have counted all of your shots for so long on the BP sights! still a great video!. I enjoyed it.

I own a Soviet TT33 and a number of variants of the same gun.
I agree the ergonomics could use some work.
As stated after shooting one enough and finding the right grip they shoot very well.
I almost always have to get 20 - 30 rounds down range before I start hitting POA.
Some of the older surplus guns have worn out barrel bushings that tend to make matters worse but overall a great gun and fun to shoot.
Not a cheap to shoot as it once was since surplus ammo has dried up.

Mine shoots low, but straight.

In Iraq I saw the Nagant revolver, the TT33, several 9x18 versions and the beretta clones Iraq made. As far as pistols.

They said the 7.62x25 was the only pistol round that could successfully penetrate our soft Kevlar vests.

I shot at water jugs and it does have great penetration. Just terrible ergonomics.

Back