A Secret War in Central America?

Jeff White

The November 15th issue of Army times came today. This ad was in the employment section of the classifieds:

A-10 PILOTS

Former A-10 pilots wanted for year round position based in Florida. Will work in Central and South America. Qualifications: Commercial, Instrument, Multi, CFI, 2nd Class Mediacl, 1500 Hrs. minimum, 100 hours past 12 months, must be proficient IFR pilot, NVG, agricultural and OV-10 time a plus. Must have ability to read and speak Spanish. Send resume to: EAST Inc. P.O. Box 254302, Patrick AFB, FL. 32925 or fax to 407-799-3955, Attn: Chief FW Pilot. Drug screening and verification of flight times required under US Government Contract Regulations.

So did they watch "Air America" or maybe "The Flying Tigers" at the White House lately. And wasn't this the same bunch that threw fits about the "secret" war in Laos and Cambodia during the late '60s early '70s?

Maybe I'm just too cynical, I'm sure there is a benign civilian use for heavily armed attack aircraft. :) Crop dusing at night maybe, after all the pilots need to be NVG qualified. :)

On a more serious note, I wonder how many USAF Squadrons will do without spare parts so that this little program can be supported?

Jeff

I believe I have over 1500 hours in an A-10 on Sierra's A-10 Tank Killer... I wonder if this would Qualify? :)

------------------
Richard

The debate is not about guns,
but rather who has the ultimate power to rule,
the People or Government.
RKBA!

Back