A.S.A. Bennett Muzzle Loader

kreed

Inactive
Just curious if any of the black powder gurus can help me identify what I have. This gun was past to me from my father who passed away a few years ago, it was given to him by his father, you get the pattern here. A local gun shop told me they thought it was late 1800's to early 1900's. They thought it might have possibly been a custom kit gun. The only markings I could find are on the top of the barrel. Stamped in a "ribbon" pattern is ( A.S.A. BENNETT NO. 2) I am a newbie here so I am not sure how to post pics but I'll give it a try.

Attachments

• asa1.JPG
    asa1.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 59
  • asa3.JPG
    asa3.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 45
  • gp4.JPG
    gp4.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 49
Can't find any history of an A.S.A. Bennett. Probably not a manufacturer. Could be a gun put together by available parts. Is it a smooth bore or rifled? What caliber?

Larger and better pics might help, especially of the lock, hammer, trigger guard, sights, metal fittings, etc. The shape of the fore-end looks strangely familiar for some reason.

Dixie Gun Works has been in business for quite a while; it may not be much of a stretch to consider that it may have been created with parts from their catalog early on.

"Is it a smooth bore or rifled? What caliber?"

Umm, you might as well type that in a foreign language cuz, Me know understand,lol.

This is all the pics I have on my phone, I'll have to try to take some more.

I think it belonged to my great grandfather originally. A local shop thougth it might be a kit gun possibly too, late 1800's or early 1900's.

Back