A red dot for my Ruger .22, suggestions?

Jhp147

There is another thread going dealing with a Ruger .22 auto and a "SoLow" brand mount for an Adco red dot sight. Coincidentally, I had just been kicking around the idea of a red dot type on my Ruger, a 5 1/2 bull bbl. w/adjustable sights. I was thinking I would have to have it drilled and tapped for a Weaver rail (I think that is what it's called). The ideal of epoxying on the mount and removing the stock sights, as is indicated with the SoLow, is not appealing. I don't want to spend gobs, but could use some advice in this area. I am just going to use it for plinking, just so I can get some experience with the red dot type sight some cheap trigger time. Mount? Scope? Until I started looking, I had no idea how many were out there.

Do yourself a favor. If you DO decide to get the red dot. Dont get the simmons. Its cheap, sure. But very low quality and small. Now that i got one. I wish i would have gotten a BSA,Tasco pro point or some other slightly more expensive variation. Red dots are sweet to have, if u have the right one. Shop around and get the one you want, not the one u will wish u never got. Like I did.

Tim : )

I went with an Ultradot 1" scope at larrysguns.com ($115 w/ shipping). Steep, but a bargain for such a great scope. Otherwise I would've gone with a Tasco.

I have an AccuDot on one of my Buck Marks and it has held up, and holds it's zero, just fine.

I have the Tasco Accudot and highly recomend it! I have a Ruger Competion Target Mark II and love the gun/scope combo. I bought my scope from Midway and it was around $55.00 with rings, but I used the Ruger rings instead. My only complaint is that this is my wife's favorite thing to shoot and those 10rd mags don't load themselves.

Back