A real ghost gun. The missing Ruger.

For the longest time I've been wanting a 3" Ruger LCRX in 327 Federal Magnum and I swore I would be first in line to buy one if Ruger were to make one.

I have since learned that this gun, apparently, was made, but I have no proof that one ever existed. I can't find one for auction, or sold on any site. I can't find any pictures or videos of the gun, but it is listed on Lipsy's site here.

https://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail?itemno=RUKLCRX-3-327

It has a UPC code, but googling it gives me no luck.

Is this gun real or an internet hoax?

Is this gun real or an internet hoax?

Why would it be an internet hoax, just because you can't find one, today???

Did you contact Ruger?? or, even Lipsey's??

A specific variation of a model, with a certain barrel length, finish, or other features, made in small numbers for a specific customer (distributor) is not an uncommon thing, and neither is that distributor selling them all, and the people who bought them not reselling them right now is not unheard of.

Suppose, for the sake of argument, Ruger did make that pistol, but only made 200, and all were made for one distributor, who has since sold all of them, and has not ordered any more.

I have no idea, but I do know there are a lot of "rare" variants of guns, with manufacture numbers in the thousands, which are not stocked, or found online anywhere, and one might wait years to find one for sale. I have "done there, been that" with some of the pieces I finally managed to obtain, and there are others I'm still looking for.

Good Luck.

I got a reply from the Senior Vice President & Product Development Team at Lipsey's.

Ruger hasn’t shipped any of these yet. Currently I don’t have an ETA on them. This is a TALO run which is a group of distributors which we are a member of.

I noticed a lot of websites list this item but have them "out of stock". I thought I was late to the party but now it looks like I'm early.

I think these will go fast. I can't be the only one who would like a light weight, thin 327 six shot revolver. I'm a fan of the 32 mags and would probably load only a little hotter than that.

https://lipseys.com/itemdetail?itemno=RUKLCRX-3-327
One way of being an early buyer is to go to an FFL who is a Lipsey's affiliated dealer (or another TALO distributor) and have the FFL put you on LIpsey's "wishlist" or waiting list.

In my case of the recent S&W 432UC, no deposit was even requested and we didn't even discuss the final price until it was received. When it was received, the FFL called me, letting me know it finally came in. While I was waiting, I'd contacted my FFL a couple of times just to check.

I suppose each FFL could handle things differently, whether any paperwork or deposit is needed. Keep in touch with that Lipsey's VP, too.

Reminds me of the situation I experienced with a 3" LCRx in 9mm. I'd heard of such, found a picture, but never saw one for sale anywhere. Turned out a very few were made for TALO. I decided that if there was ever another run I'd buy one. There was, I did..

Oh man, I’m in on this one. Nice to know I’m not too old late. They better make a lot of them, I’m guessing they’ll sell like hot cakes.

Back