A rare German 22 pistol

turps

A rare German 22 caliber target pistol not often seen. Can be used with a rifle stock plus you can break it down to a pocket pistol. Has a very stream line construction. ******* unable to post pictures
Thanks for looking,
Joe

The French Unique Model L was available in a legal pistol-carbine combo.
It assembled like the present Mech Tech conversion, could not be set up as a stocked pistol.
Too bad we don't get a picture.

Didn't Astra make something similar or was it only Unique? IIRC, ATF went nuts trying to claim it was a stocked pistol; I think they gave up but ended up pressuring the importer (Interarms) to stop importing the guns.

Jim

I believe it was only Unique, It was a neat little gun, friend had one , had a chance to shoot it. It sure wasn't a target pistol or rifle but accurate enough to give the Starlings hell.
As Jim Watson posted It could only be set up, one or the other, a small pistol or a carbine , not as a stocked pistol. Too bad no pictures, that is probably what it is but who knows . Rare? I don't think so, scarce , maybe, for a number of reasons, the main one is that it didn't sale that well.

ATTD claimed that inserting the pistol into the rifle stock was OK, but taking it out was making a pistol out of a rifle and a tax was owed every time that was done! As I said, they made such a fuss that Interarms finally gave up and stopped importing them, though some were sold and there was no effort made to seize them. Of course, the stock and barrel was not a rifle, and ATTD would probably have lost in court, but fighting the Feds is usually a losing proposition.

Jim

How is different from a Beretta NEOS Carbine?

How is different from a Beretta NEOS Carbine?,,,
I know the boys at the BATFE finally declared it to be legal.

I can convert it back and forth from pistol to carbine and back,,,
As long as I never mount a pistol barrel while it's in carbine stock mode.

With this Unique it looks impossible to make a short barreled rifle out of it,,,
Isn't that what the BATFE boys are concerned with?

Aarond

The terms "consistency" and "common sense" sometimes appear to be in a language not spoken by the federal government.

Jim

Back