A question for the Forum

SPG

I am a newcomer to this forum; 12.12.99. I have a question( simple, with no flame intended) When a member post's an item in a forum, "Firearms for sale"; knowing that all of us are busy this time of year, what is the acceptable "time" for a serious reply to an inquiry to the membership? Happy Holidays to All, Be safe SPG

Hard to say. Not really looking to buy anything, I don't check there all that often. It seems that most folks who have any interest will answer within two or three days.

FWIW, Art

SPG-
It really depends on the item and price. I/'m certain that a pre-ban AR15 at $800 will receive a quicker response than a Glock 17 at $650. Plus, it bein' Christmas, many are tapped out.
Rich

Not sure, but I think SPG is talking about folks who put up an item for sale and then fail to respond to serious inquiries. Not how long should it take for a response to an item he put up for sale.

I would think a serious seller should respond immediately to an inquiry. If the item has been sold, the seller should post that fact also and not leave a potential buyer hanging out to dry.

I reply to inquiries the same day. The problem I have is that the buyers are not serious. They expect the seller to hold the item while they ponder the situation, then they just kind of go away.

When you (figuratively) post a new topic, you can check the "notify me by e-mail when any reply" box. That way you'll get notification to any replies without having to go to TFL.

All good and valid posts. Mal H,thank you for reafirming my thoughts and convictions, I will govern my resonse accordingly. Happy New Year to All, Stay Safe, SPG

Back