A question for fun only

the45er

After racking off 8 45 ACP's from your beloved 1911 (at least I love these guns!), do you look at the casings on the ground and see a $5 bill laying there!? LOL

No, I'm a reloader. I am down to shooting only about 5K pistol rounds per year but can easily keep up that rate for about four years or so. Rife ammo for the rest of my life. When prices are down, bulk up.

I'm sitting on 40K primers and I don't know how much powder. Shortage, what shortage?Ant and the grasshopper.

I am going to put about 120 .45 empties on the floor at this evening's match. I will pick them up and reload them with never a care.

As a reloader and a 1911 owner who likes to keep the extractor tuned, I pick up the brass and look for clues on how things are going.

I just pick up the cases when I am finished shooting. Usually a few hundred. Sort them while watching a baseball game.

As someone who reloaded, hated it and got out of reloading I just remember how much I hated reloading and don't look at the brass as I'm dumping it into the brass bucket. The brass collectors can squabble about who gets what later.

A 45 case can be loaded several times. I have a back stash of primers. I have a good stash of wheel weights. 200 gr cast bullets run a 1911 just fine. At 7000 grains a pound, the charge size for a 45 ACP will stretch a pound of powder pretty far.

Times change,but before Nov 2020, I could buy a white box of 100 45 ACP Winchester ammo at Walmart cheap enough to just shoot factory loads. But I always police up my brass. Its litter if you don't.

8 rounds of 5 ACP factory loads might be $5. 8 pieces of 45 ACP brass will make at least 50 rounds of handloads. (I'd expect significantly more)

No but running full auto I tend to do the “money into noise” math.

I have watched a mini gun run and all I could think was “$100..$200…$300 etc. “

With semi auto stuff I only think about it with exotic ammo. (.500 smith etc. )

When I’m outside of my forest home, I hear people shooting in the area.
This includes the occasional mag-dump off somewhere.

I hear “pop-pop-pop- popopopopopop pop pop” and I yell “dollar-dollar-dollar- dollardollardollardollardollardollar dollar dollar”

It makes my wife giggle, anyway.

Back