• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

A problem with The High Road forum.

Jspy

Sorry to ask about another forum on here, but I was wondering if someone who is currently a member of THR can help me with a problem I have been having. About 3-4 weeks ago I attempted to catch up on the forum, but when I went there it said I needed to log in. I usually never log out, but tried to go ahead and log in. Entered name and passsword, and it thanked me for logging in and directed me to the forum. However when I got there I was treated as a "guest" even though my name showed up at the bottom of the main page of the forum. It stated that I may not post, etc, and when I went to the individual forums (ie- general discussion, etc) my name didn't show up as being there. I have tried to contact someone at the forum by using their CONTACT US link on the bottom of the page, but have never heard from them. Since I can't post anything, I have even tried to re-register with a different user name and password. Problem is that the forum says there is already someone registered from that same address....DUH. I have also gotten 2 different passwords, but am still treated like a guest and cannot participate. Can someone here give me a suggestion, or link this post to THR?

Don't try to re-register with a new username. That would be bad.

Delete all your THR cookies and close your browser. Then, try to login again.

If you still have problems, email or PM me here.

-Dave

Back