A Plate Gun...

Kermit

Not that I hate the Mrs.'s china, but I think I "NEED" a plate gun. I'm limited to what I can purchase because I live in CA...we have "standards" to abide by. Anyway, I originally wanted a 686, but since it's not on our approved list, I guess my choice is down to one of the Rugers. Any suggestons?

???

Not having been in Cal. for over 15 years I can't figureout
what the antis hoped to gain by this screening process. Here in S.C. we have a small list of junk guns that can't be sold
and it makes since as they SHOULD NOT BE SOLD as they
ARE junk.

What is this BS you are going thru there SUPPOSED to do?
Make 'ya al safe? If so, from who or what ???...confused
again = dewey

Dewey, what California and some other states with "Approved Handgun" lists are aiming to do is quite simple, and very effective. Limit your choice. That, and make it ever more dificult and burdonsome to buy a handgun. Protecting the gun owner has nothing to do with it.

Kermit, why not look for a used Colt King Cobra? I have a six inch stainless model that has a very nice trigger. Does the Colt cylinder release make Colts undesirable for competition?

Or a used 686?

Rugers are nice, but as to what model to look at, can't help you.

scoops, this is going to sound silly, but it is a gun that is used to shoot plates with. ;) There is a competition where you shoot 8" round steel plates. They are on a rack, 6 I think, and whoever knocks them down in the shortest time, from a holster, wins. A revolver with a red dot sight is the preferred rig due to the 'rolling trigger' effect. Rolling triggers are also found in International Rapid Fire competition as well. It allows the shooter to time his shots and get a rythem going. Shooting plates is called a falling plate match.

Back