A pedersoli '63 sporting rifle for $800?

BerdanSS

Need some more help sharps guys.

If you had the opportunity to pick up a pedersoli 1863 sharps sporting rifle (not conversion a paper cutter), in seemingly unfired condition but the stock has small handling marks and dings (all fixable) what would you give for it? The current asking price is $800. I belive this one has a one piece breech block with a floating chamber sleeve. Good price or keep looking? I belive cabelas at one point sold these for about $1300 but I haven't seen anything there but the 59 carbines for a long while. One in like brand new condition is on gun broker for almost $1100. But don't know if it will actually sell for that. This one is a .54 most of these (9 out of 10 I'm finding) seem to be .45s

I want a paper cutter sharps for a shooter. Something I can shoot a good deal, maybe out to a couple hundred yards. Maybe even hunt with from time to time. Not sure the little IAB carbine I just got mostly for reenacting is up to that.

I'd give 800 for it. If it's new enough it will already be set up with an O ring in the breech block. I don't know when they started that. Double set triggers and better sights. It's a mile above the IAB.

Thanks hawg. Ill have a chance to inspect it further next weekend at the conner long rifle show. But who knows, there may be other sharps there too.

Back