A nice looking Revolver

40BOY

I just picked this up today.
A M28-2 4" Highway Patrolman s/n N2793xx
Unfired(not for long) with presentation box.
I haven't had a chance to take any of my own photos yet.
I got this one from the seller(Thanks Frank!)
I was hoping some of you revo experts could give me an idea when it was made?

Thanks

S%26W28_NIB_4.jpg

That particular one was made between 1975-1977, according to its serial number. That's a very nice wheelgun you got there. It'll digest any .357 Magnum load you care to put through it, and shooting .38 Special in an N-frame feels like shooting a BB gun. :)

I have a M28 Highway Patrolman in 6"...would have picked that 4" model up in a heartbeat if it had crossed my line of sight with a price tag attached to it. Conga-rats, and enjoy your new toy.

My first handgun was one exactly like that one.:) Sweet solid shooting gun. I learned alot about shooting a handgun with that gun. All my spare money went into buying ammo... thus the reason for my second buy ...a 22LR:p

Congrats! That same gun was my very first N-frame, though definitely not my last. If you wish to make it more comfortable to shoot, yet retain its classic look, consider the Tyler T-Grip adapter. It fills in a lot of that space behind the trigger guard providing more meat for your hand to grasp. A nicely balanced 'trainer' for it is the .22LR M-18. They can be somewhat hard to find, but is a revolver from the same general era that is a nice compliment to Highway Patrolman.:)

Wow...

Very nice classic (and classy) piece. I don't see them here much in the PRK anymore (the owners are probably hoarding them), but when I was in San Antonio about a year ago, I went to a gun show and saw several very nice ones. If I could have figured out how to buy one and bring it back, I would have bought one.

Congratulations-you've got a fine revolver.

Back