A new way to save!

DOCSpanky

I decided several months ago that I wanted a new reloading press, and have devised a nifty savings plan to get it. I cleaned an old milk jug and put it in the corner of my kitchen counter and whenever I come home I dump all my change into it. My wife (unwittingly) has done the same and as I sat around tonight (finally got a night off and there's nothing on the tube) ran it through my handy-dandy coin counter to see just how much I had collected. OVER $250.00! Just under 3 months and I'm 2/3's of the way to a 550B and a package of goodies my dealer will throw in for buying it all from him!
I know this all sounds cheezy, but I'm definantly in a low income catagory being an E-4 with a wife and kid. It is incredibal to know how much money we throw away and spend on bubble-gum and sodas. Save it for a few months, You'll be able to get something nice!

------------------
DOCSpanky HM3 USN
Happiness is a smoking gun and a dead criminal;)

Another thing to think about. I stick (the monetary equivelent of) 3 boxes of .45ACP ammo in my mouth every week and burn it to ashes. In a year, some $1800.00 goes to nothing. A couple of years ago, I quit smoking long enough to pay for a $500.00 custom knife. It only took a few months. I plan on doing the same thing in a few weeks to pay for a Wilson Combat or some other top shelf gun. Once I decide on which one, the money goes into a pot until enough is there to buy it. What worked last time, was to pick out what I wanted, and tell myself I could go back when I reached that goal. I never really stopped smoking, I just went a few months between cigarettes. Who knows, it may "take" this time around. Any how, it's a win/win situation.

[This message has been edited by RAE (edited January 05, 2000).]

DOC,
I, too have been saving my spare change for years. That way I get at least one new 'toy' every year for "free". It also comes in handy when one of those 'gotta haves' comes along and you can't afford to wait... :)

------------------
...save the 2nd. No fate but what we make...

Doc, I,ve been doing that for several years now but only I use an old soda acid fire extinguisher. One year I had so much change in it that it was a good down payment on a family vacation. T he last time I dumped it I purchased my 8040 Cougar Beretta.
Its filling again.

Happy Shooting :)

------------------
Help Stamp Out Gun Ignorance.

Back