A "New" Smith & Weson N Frame the Model 610

Hard Ball

It really isn't new. Smith & Wesson produced 5,000 Model 610 10mm Magnum N frame revolvers in 1990-1991. However, they have noe resumed production and the 610 is listed in their current catalog. I saw one the new ones at the range on Sunday and fired 12 sots at 50 yards. It was very accurate and an impressive piece. It seems quite similar to a .41 Magnum in power and recoil. It loads with halfmoon clips like a .45ACP Model 625. It would be a nice gun for anyone who has a 10mm Magnum automatic and wants a revolver using the same cartridge.

10mm auto. Here are the specs:

SKU: 103575
Type: Revolver
Model: 610
Caliber: 10 mm
Barrel Length: 6-1/2"
Capacity: 6 Rounds
Action: Single , Double
External Safety: N/A
Hammer: .500" Target
Trigger: .400" Serrated Target 6-1/2"
Grip: Hogue Rubber Combat
Firing System: N/A
Front Sight: Interchangeable
Rear Sight: Micrometer click Ajustable Black Blade
Frame: N-Large
Finish: Satin Stainless
Over all length: 12"
Weight: 52.0 ounces
Material: Stainless Steel

Obviously, you will need half or full moon clips. Good news, you can fire .40 auto also.

Yeah, there is a 10mm Magnum. AMT brought out one of their magnum series of semi-autos for it.

Wasn't well received, and died pretty quickly.

As for the new S&W 610? They can choke on it.

The 610 is a REALLY versatile revo-you can shoot .40 S&W, 10mm "Lite" OR FULL-POWER 10's...no worries about feeding problems, either!!! WICKED FAST reloads courtesy of the "moon clips" and comparatively little recoil due to the overall weight. With .40 S&W ammo, my 610 [original production run, 6.5 inch barrel] feels about like shooting .38 ball in a K-Frme...schweeet!!!....mikey357

It is an awesome looker!

One of my local gun shops has the S&W 610 S.
I,am more into autos right now but that 61o caught my eye, I really like the cylinder on this one no flutes.
I have a G-20.
This 610 could be like a magnet!!!!

Back