A new, powerful book

divemedic

Called the Great New Orleans Gun Grab. Click the link to order a copy.

My copy arrived today, and I can barely put it down. Has anyone else read it?

The first chapter talks about an attorney by the name of Ashton O'Dwyer. He refused to evacuate, and was the first attorney to file a class action lawsuit against Mayor Nagin, Ploice Chief Compass, and Governor Blanco.

The day the suit was filed in Baton Rouge, he was sitting in the driveway of his New Orleans home when a SWAT team entered his property without a warrant, and took him into custody. Arriving at the train station that was serving as a makeshift jail, he was pepper sprayed numerous times while still hand cuffed. He was then shot in the legs with 12 gauge beanbag rounds and then placed in a holding cell. They removed the cuffs, and periodically police officers would walk buy and shoot him again with the beanbag rounds.

The next day he was released. The charge? Public Intoxication. In his own yard. Not drinking. Never tested for sobriety.

So far a good read, and an answer to the age old question of "Will the police obey when they are ordered to violate the rights of American Citizens?"

Divemedic,
PI is a charge commonly referred to as a "POP" charge. Pissing off the Police. Because it is a class C misdemeanor (in Texas anyway), there is no need to prove it, and it can be easily defeated in court. While is is certainly wrong to do that to somebody, it does happen frequently (in TX at least).

Could anyone please tell me the phone number to order this book.
"The Great New Orleans Gun Grab"

So far a good read, and an answer to the age old question of "Will the police obey when they are ordered to violate the rights of American Citizens?"

You got that right.

No American should kid themselves when they wonder if the police will enforce an order to confiscate firearms. 99% of them would do it without a second thought.

In fact most of them would probably love the politician who gave the order because he "took the gloves off".

Down here we seem to have two types of cops. The old guys who have been around long enough to build up an impressive list of people willing to bribe them, and the younger guys, usually fresh out of the service, who look upon the filthy old bastards with great respect and who will do anything somebody up the chain tells them to do.

Neither one has any interest in protecting constitutional rights. Hell, most of them could probably not explain a single ammendment in the bill of rights. They don't consider it a part of their job to understand the law in any meaningful way.

There are a few exceptions, but they are damn rare around here. Honest folks don't get far in the NOPD.

RW: If you look at the original post, the link takes you to the page of the publisher.

Thunderchief: I know what you mean. I grew up in Gretna. When I go back to visit family, it seems the city I grew up in is gone. I can't figure out if the city changed, or if my perspective did. I would have to say that NOLA has one of the most corrupt police departments in the country.

The scary part about this book is that there were police from all over the country "confiscating" guns that never were seen again, looting houses of people they had just forcibly evacuated, roughing people up, and things were so bad that the troops from the 82nd spent much of their time protecting people from the cops.

I just finished the book. It was excellent.

ETA: The new chief of police for NOLA, Warren Riley was interviewed after both Louisiana and the FedGov enacted laws prohibiting the confiscation of firearms during a disaster. He said that he doesn't care what the law says, he will take the guns any way. When the very people who are charged with upholding the law ignore it, you have anarchy. How do you, as a citizen, cope with that?

Last edited:
Riley was quoted as saying, "During an exigent circumstance like that, we cannot allow people to walk the street carrying guns.”

Well that sounds real nice doesn't it. But he doesn't mention the fact he had police from all over the US breaking & entering into peoples homes and taking their guns there too. I bet the CA and NJ ones really enjoyed that.

Flush from just beatin' the snot out of the Bill of Rights it seems some NJ cops weren't much interested in speed limits either.
http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/06/681.asp

So where was I, maybe Riley forgot those videos that are still kickin' around. "Police! Open up!" then they break in the door and charge in with M4's. I wonder if it's even possible to think of a bigger affront to liberty, than that scene there.

Quite an eye opener there.

And yep, I want me a copy of that book.

Even worse, while taking guns away from citizens, companies like Blackwater and ISI, Inc. were carrying weapons in the area. The people rich enough to pay the $25,000 fee got professional mercenaries to guard their homes, while the middle class had their weapons stolen. I say stolen because most of the confiscated guns were never turned in to authorities.

Nothing will change unless "we the people" decide we want LEO's, that do this, to do real jail time for these types of Civil Rights violations.
Tell me how else will change take place....

education is great but there needs to be more restrictions "on them...then on us"

An international phone call to Boutte LA resulted in prompt arrival of this
book which I found hard to put down, it is excellent reading.
Great courage was shown by those who decided to stay and defend there
homes and property after Hurricane Katrina.
The mayor, Chief of Police, and the NOPD show up in a very poor light by almost denying these people of the means to defend themselves, while giving
looters and thugs virtualy a free go.
The words of Warren Riley (Superintendent NOPD) on page191 shows complete disregard of the law and decent law abiding citizens of New Orleans.
This book should be read by everyone.

Back