A new family member - GP-131

Borf

After listening to you guys go on about the virtues of the gp-100, I had to see what was going on. Went to my local gun store and found a nice gp-131 for $469 (!). Fit my big hands perfectly. Balance was nice. Trigger pull smooth. Went home to sleep on it. Drove across town this morning, stopped at another place and found it for $360 (also NIB). Needless to say, I walked out of there with the gp-131 and 250 rounds of ammo. After feeding that to my new little friend for lunch, I can honestly say I like this gun! With the 3" barrel it groups very well with both .38 and .357. Recoil is very, very tolerable with the slightly odd rubber factory grips - .38spl is a non-event and .357 (158gr. JSP @ ~1250) an easy to shoot event. I'm just trying to figure out how to finance all the ammo I want to put through it!

Welcome!

It only gets more fun as time goes on. I've got the 6" barrel variety. I cannot see me very getting rid of my Ruger.

Enjoy!

Borf,

Welcome and congratulations. I love my KGP-141s. Great revolvers -- and excellent values, too.

Congrats on purchasing a very good weapon. My GP-161 has become a favorite shooter, especially with my "pet load."

Pet load:

Powder: Winchester 231
Charge: 6.0 grains
Projectile: John's Hard Cast 158 grain LSWC
OAL: To cannelure (light roll crimp)
Primer: any small pistol, usually Federal

Velocity averages 1050fps from the 6" barrel. Accuracy is outstanding with one-hole 15m groups being possible. I made the mistake of making a box for a female friend of mine and she spent half the range day knocking down bowling pins at 50m! Thus is the danger of taking women to the range with you.

Back