A new addition to the family

Coinneach

Staff Alumnus
Some weeks ago, during idle chatter at the range, I mentioned to one of the old-timers that I was looking to get something in .45-70.

"Well," he sez, "I have a Marlin 1895 that I can't use anymore. Wanna see it?"

Does Janet Reno s*** in the woods?

He brought the gun next weekend, as well as some Winchester 300gr to put through it. Omigod, the gun was *beautiful*. I benched it (yes, I benched a .45-70... no wimp me) and was stunned by its accuracy.

Yesterday, I brought it home... with a bag, more ammo, and dies thrown in. I won't say what I paid, since I don't want to make anyone cry. :)

Anyone wants to see it, it's on my Armory page. Can't wait for next fall.

------------------
"If your determination is fixed, I do not counsel you to despair. Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance."
-- Samuel Johnson

Hearty congrats on your new 'toy'!

May it serve you long and well.... :)

------------------
...save the 2nd., for it saves us all.
No fate but what we make...

Coinneach;

A hearty congratulations. Now... if you really want to trick it out sent it off to http://www.wildwestguns.com/ and have the Co-Pilot mods done. ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>yes, I benched a .45-70... no wimp me[/quote]

Yeah Yeah... and I bench rest my .45-110.

------------------
Schmit
GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

have the Co-Pilot mods done.

Nah, if I want a Scout, I'll get a Scout. :)

Yeah Yeah... and I bench rest my .45-110.

Hey, you throwing down the Brass Cojones gauntlet, Schmit? :D

Speaking of BC's... that .50 Alaskan looks pretty handy for taking down dinos.

------------------
"If your determination is fixed, I do not counsel you to despair. Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance."
-- Samuel Johnson

[This message has been edited by Coinneach (edited January 23, 2000).]

Now let's not turn this into a "my ballistic conflict resolution device is bigger than yours" thread. (Sorry Coinneach, I had to steal that from you ;) :D)

------------------
Guns cause crime like spoons cause Rosie O'Donnell to be fat!

~David~

May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

Nah, if I want a Scout, I'll get a Scout

Aint no Scout... tis a trunk rifle for a Ugo, or a Sattlebag Rifle for a Cyclemotor, or a Briefcase Rifle. Yeah, Handguns are a tad more concealable but wouldn't you want to have a rifle in a breifcased that can be assembled w/in 10 seconds?

Think about it!

------------------
Schmit
GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Does Janet Reno s*** in the woods?

Well, is the Pope polish?

Does a hobby horse, I mean, Janet Reno have a wooden dick?

LOL Fitz. Rifle sounds sweet. Pays to be sociable, huh?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Schmit:
Aint no Scout... tis a trunk rifle for a Ugo, or a Sattlebag Rifle for a Cyclemotor, or a Briefcase Rifle. Yeah, Handguns are a tad more concealable but wouldn't you want to have a rifle in a breifcased that can be assembled w/in 10 seconds?
[/quote]

Hmmmm... ya see, if I got one of them Co-Pilots, I'd have to start riding again, so's I *could* put it in the saddlebag.

Not saying that's a bad thing. :D

------------------
-- Samuel Johnson

Back