A "New" 870...

JNewell

Dave, you're gonna love this...

A local dealer has gotten in some used 870s. They're used, some of them pretty well used. But, they're under a hundred dollars. Turns out they were surplused by the regional airport authority after having been used to suppress little feathered birds that make cause problems for big aluminum birds. And, they are Wingmasters! ("Sold," sez I! -- been looking for a backup, since I strongly believe that the best spare parts policy is a complete spare firearm.)

Oh, yeah, did I mention these are under $100??? I should go buy a lottery ticket tonight, too, I think... :-)

Mazeltov, Jeff!! A great deal on a great shotgun. I'd have been tempted to pick up a few.

And save your money on that Lottery ticket, you've used up your allotment until 2003(G)...

BTW, is this anywhere near Md?....

BillX --

Sorry not to be back here faster. They all disappeared within a couple of hours!

Dave --

You're clearly right about the luck allocation! The dealer is in eastern Mass. They had just a few -- I guess seagull-busting isn't a big operation for this agency...?...or maybe the 870s are so durable that they only needed to replace a couple. However, the "issues" with these 870s seem to be purely cosmetic, and not too bad at that.

Right place, right time,J. Obviously, the laws of Karma decided in your favor this time.

And we're definitely in agreement on the backup thing. Spare parts around here NOT in a shotgun consist of a firing pin, a few old springs, a breech block base, and the second bbl to the kid's 20 ga. With 3 12 gauges available, I've parts redundancy unto the 3rd generation.

I saw at National guns in Northridge CA- a wood furniture 870 for $150, that looked new...apparently it was under some guys bed for 5 or so years.

If nobody else snaggs it, i think i may get it for myself- or have my bro get it for his HD needs.

Back