A 'Haul' of Weapons seized in Australia (oh the horror)

DaleA

It's come to this down under.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/aust...pc=U531&cvid=58abe14273b445a6993d28bdb127154c

Well, their country, their rules...just makes me sigh.

P.S. Maybe, to avoid shocking him, we should shield this report from Classic12 as I believe his collection (as well as many of us here) just might surpass that of the Australian or MAYBE we could send links to several of his posts to the Australian officials and see if we could induce a case of the vapors to them!

Apologies to Classic12, it's just that your posts with photos are so nice and well done that I thought of you first as a collector.

Read the article closely, there's a few details too important to ignore, and some that surprised me due to the emphasis.

10 UNREGISTERED firearms!!

, including two SKS semi-automatic assault rifles capable of firing 40 rounds per minute.

OMG!!!! 40 rounds a minute~!! can you imagine the carnage possible?? :rolleyes:

so, 2 "semi auto assault rifles, 3 bolt action rifle, and a double barrel shotgun (all unregistered!!) apparently the reporter either wasn't told, or declined to name the other 5 unregistered guns seized. And, to make matters worse, the guns were stored in "modified barrels" in the cellar!!

SO, we have not just violations of Australia's registration laws but also the "safe storage" laws!!

10,000rnds of ammo? Is there an actual legal limit in Australia? I don
't know.

A (as in one) "military grade smoke grenade. ONE SMOKE GRENADE.....

additionally they found 6 legally registered rifles WITH SCOPES!!!:eek::eek:, stored in a secure gun safe, so now the registered owner will be subject to a "Fitness to hold" test per Australian law.

The police are investigating, to see if any of the firearms has any connection to any other crimes, but at this time the only crime(s) committed appear to be violations of gun control laws.

IN case any of you doubt this could happen in the US, do be aware that we already have several places where such laws are in place. They aren't being enforced YET, but they certainly could be, for public safety, of course....:rolleyes:

A (as in one) "military grade smoke grenade. ONE SMOKE GRENADE.....

But, but, but, it was a MILITARY GRADE smoke grenade which makes it a WEAPON OF WAR!!!

but they [some U.S. laws] certainly could be [enforced], for public safety, of course....

and never forget, FOR THE CHILDREN!!!

Every fire department in the U.S. probably has a stash of smoke grenades. They use them for training.

In fact, where I work is half a block down from the fire station. On this past Thursday or Friday, one of the guys came back from doing inspections and reported that there was smoke billowing out of the fire house as he drove by. The fire marshal stopped in a bit later, so we asked him what happened.

"Training smoke," was the answer.

They also use "cold smoke" to test the smoke evacuation systems in buildings with atriums. I don't remember the specifics, but there are provisions in building codes for smoke evacuation systems, and usually those are tested for operation before a certificate of occupancy is issued. For generally obvious reasons, they don't want to set a brand new building on fire or build a bonfire in the new lobby, so they use smoke bombs.

I wonder if they're mil-spec ...

(Gasp of shock and dismay):eek:

10 guns? Where do they come from? Where do they go?

As Dr. Seuss said "Frpm there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!"

Capable of shooting 40 rounds per minute? :D Hahahahahaha!!! :rolleyes: Had to laugh at that one. It may have that rate of fire, but only for 15 seconds. After that it will take a while to reload!

And please note, it was a "military grade smoke grenade", not a military smoke grenade. That might have been even worse!

It's hard for us to not snicker, but these liberals really think they are serious!

I bought a guy’s rifles, (just a couple), all of his ammunition and accessories in a package deal.
In the mix was a couple of boxes of smoke grenades. Lol.
40 rounds a minute is like the rate of fire for a bolt action… not even 1 round per second.

This is why Australia may impose draconian controls over its population - they're disarmed. Ditto with New Zealand.

Without our 2A, all other Amendments and the Constitution is just nice but meaningless words on parchment.

I wouldn't laugh too much at them, we could end up in the same boat. It's just pathetic to see such oppressing laws forced onto all of Australia. It's just like here, the morons in the big city make the laws for everyone else to follow.

One would think there would be more accidental boating accidents on the western beaches of Australia.........
10K of ammunition? I shoot more than that through my target shotguns, let alone my 22lrs........

But, but, but, it was a MILITARY GRADE smoke grenade which makes it a WEAPON OF WAR!!!

and never forget, FOR THE CHILDREN!!!
I still laugh when they tout military grade like it's some big improvement... Military Grade is built by the lowest bidder at the cheapest cost possible...

Back