A happy medium

jag1954

For me at least anyways. Having had to sell my guns prior to a move more than 20 years ago I just recently began to build my collection once again after having moved back stateside, pandemic and all. So, I had to make a decision, should it be another S&W Model 10 or a Model 629. Reflecting on it I came across a decent enough deal on a 686-6 through PSA (a shout out to them also, I ordered the gun a week ago Friday and it was ready for pick up today at the LGS) and so I've found a happy medium....for now. So big brother has joined little brother at home.

Attachments

• 357.jpg
    357.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 38 357.jpg
    38 357.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 122
Very nice! someday I hope to add a 686 to my stable too. I've got a couple j frames and a 27-2, but I'm always worried a little bit about the blued finish wearing or rusting because I like it so much.

Well, the Governor made it home with the brothers today.

Attachments

• Governor.jpg
    Governor.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 62
  • 3 brothers.jpg
    3 brothers.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 60
Great catch on the 686. I have a 686+, 7 inch barrel, that I bought several years ago. Great shooter, loads of fun, but I found it a bit nose heavy. I prefer the 4 inch GP100 for regular use.

Very nice. I don't have a 686 but I used to have a 6" 586. It was a very nice gun. I hated selling it (and the 4" P&R M19 I also had), but I needed the money more than the guns at the time so many were sold. I will eventually add a 686+ (for me, it will be either a 3" or a 4"). Good pick up. Happy medium indeed. It is big and strong enough to pretty much last forever, but it isn't too big for the caliber so it can still be quite handy.

Had 8 3/8 ,71/2, 7", 6" 4.2 ", 4" ,3",2 1/8 1/7/8 .

Today 4.2 & 2.2 Ruger SP101 357 MAG SP101 22.LR 4.2

Last edited:
Congrats. I like mine.

PSA is selling those rocket high, why it's always in stock.

Northwest (https://www.nwarmory.com/) is where I got my 4" Plus a bit ago. They come in and out of stock frequently. For my more desirable 4" Plus, I paid 150 less than PSA is listing the less desirable 6" non Plus.

If anyone is looking, well worth watching NW. They are a S&W supported premium dealer (meaning they get a lot of them and the price is normal pricing).

Back