A gun you wish was C & R eligble

sds

I have been pretty interested in something along the lines of a FEG PA-63 as an inexpensive plinker and wish I could purchase direct, without going through my FFL. (I know, they can be found at gun shows etc., but I haven't bought anything with my C&R yet and I have the itch). It would be nice if the P-64 or the AP-7 were also C & R, but I guess they all should be available in the next few years or so.

What are you waiting for?

Buy the Feg and get the Wolff springs for it. It'll dust a Walther PP in the trigger and felt recoil departments. The change is remarkable.

CZ 83?

A CZ 82 packs almost as well as a PA-63. It's is heavier and thicker through the grip, but you also have 5 more rounds. And IMHO the 82 is a better handling weapon.
Def. go with a spring kit for the PA-63. If I had to choose between my CZ 82 and my PA 63 the PA-63 would get the boot.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice, I have heard the Wolff springs help a lot, also have my eye on a CZ 82 possibly.

Looking over my OP, I think the last sentence should read more along the lines of.... is there a gun out there that you have your eye on, but is not on the c&r list yet?

BHP

I'm a waiting for the Browning high power to make the list. I don't think it has been out of production for very long. sure seems to qualify on the historical side tho.
1911 would be another one.

Yes I know that if either of the above is +50 they are C+R I was thinkin more a blanket type ruling on those two.

Oh and excuuuuse me I meant CZ 82 in my earlier post, I'll go fix it now.

Some Brownings are C&R if they were made more than 50 years ago. It's been in production over 70 years.

Edit: you knew that, too quick on the draw.

True, but as all existing transferrable machineguns become 50 and/or are added by name, they will become C&R. That means if you have a C&R you can purchase one from someone in another state on a Form 4 without having it transferred through a dealer.

Some state restrict their machinegun ownership only to those classified C&R.

BTW, there are some transferrable M14s.

+1

I find myself shopping, find something I like, get ready to order it, and go nuts, it not C+R. With my OCD this might be a good thing:)

I wish the Sterling MK8 (SBR) that Im in the process of having transfered to a local Class III dealer from out of state ...then transfered to me(a total of 2 $200.00 tax stamps) was on the list...they only made a total of 70 of them in the late 1980's, with 15 still in the factory in Dagenham England when British Aerospace purchased Sterling Armament only to close thier doors...so a max of 55 ever made it to the U.S.
I think If I felt like filing out the papers, It probley would qualify for the C&R list due to rarity.. If they were C&R it could be transfered directly to me, at the cost of only one $200.00 stamp.

pix1125499265kx8.jpg

I wonder how making the guns c & r affects their availability? I just purchased a p64 from j & g but had they been c & r I wonder if they would still be this available? not trying to hijack the post.

+1 to just about every item added to the list.

No need to worry about hijacking the thread, everything that is coming up is interesting stuff, thanks for everyone's input.

Back