A good Lyman 311041

GP100man

Purchased from a Ruger Forum .com member Texas Jack Black

They jump from the mould at .311x.3115 , got the chance to melt a pot & cast some up , what a joy it is to use a good workin mould !!!!

102_0602.jpg

I can here my Marlin 336c chommpin at the bit for for a taste of em !!!

:D:D

I bought the 311291 thinking the same think, I would use them in my 336, problem is I first worked up a load in the 3006 with Red Dot , over the Chrony they are moving a little over 1600 FPS, very accurate at 100 yards, and a real pleasure to shoot.
I need to get back on track and try them in the 336. Just love those cast bullets.

Hey GP,

Nice mould. I will get me that mould someday, I really like the longer ogive vs the 311411 pill. BUT, I would like to shoot it without the check. I know it can be shot as-is, with the little indent without the check, but when lubing, stuff always gets in it. Can most machine shops remove the "check" groove, don't think my dremel would do a good job. Either remove it and make flat or make it a BB bullet. Any thoughts.

Shooting out of an old '94 Win.

Master Machinist

okiefarmer

I let Buckshot over on the Cast Boolit site do all my modifications , just recently he HPed a 358446 & removed the Gas Check shank from a 358156 pistol moulds.

The deshanking is $15.00 a hole & he HPed the other SC mould for $28.00.

Prices do not include shippin or ins.

102_0583.jpg

Yep, the 311041 is a fine mold. Any good machine shop can take out the gas check ledge.

I use the 311041 in the .30-30 and it's a fine bullet. If you want something with a little more meplat, try out the Ranch Dog TLC311-165. Lots of guys are using that bullet and singing praises about it. I've got a clone in .35 caliber that was intended for the .35 Remington and it's a heck of a bullet.

Sweet boolits, GP100man! As you may know I have a 30-30 CB project on my list and you gentlemen are determined to move it up a bit, aren't you? ;) I'll be casting for a Trapper, leaning away from GC and always a fan of big meplats.

Hello, GP100man. I had Fred leeth make me a nose-pour copy of the 311041, only with a .288 dia. for a 7X57 Mauser sporter. Very accurate.

Would love to run some of those .311's through my Mosin and see how they woild fly before and after I would hollow point them on my Forster tool. Nice, very nice.

Back