A good after market trigger for a savage.

dw

Where can i get a trigger for my savage 10fp. preferbly that i can do myself. thank you derek

Hi, Robert,

Maybe I missed it, but Timney does not list Savage, and Brownell's does not show any after market trigger for the Savage.

The sear system on that gun is different and not easy to fit a really good trigger, although a good gunsmith can smooth it up a lot if any are still willing to work on triggers.

Anybody who knows of a good replacement trigger for the Savage, please let Derek know.

Jim

Can be almost sure that I read in a American Rifleman magazine that Timney was starting to make triggers for Savage. Derek should call and ask, the web page may not have been updated yet.
Here is another too.....

M.H. Canjar Co./Canjar Triggers 500 E. 45th Ave., Denver, CO 80216, Phone: (303) 295-2638.

Robert

[This message has been edited by Robert the41MagFan (edited December 18, 1999).]

Fred Moreo at Sharp Shooter Supply makes a replacement trigger for the Savage 10, 12, 110, 111, 112 and 116 series. Adjustable from approx. 32 to 12 oz. It retails for $89.95

Sharp Shooter Supply
4970 Lehman Road
Delphos, OH 45833

Also available through Brownell's. Their stock number is 436-100-110, pg 102 of catalog #52.

There is a review of Fred Morro's trigger at www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/4263/main.htm. I found this review on the net for about a year or so but don't know if it's an actual review or advertising copy.

The link isn't good anymore but the page is still there when I click my bookmarks. Perhaps if you use a search engine you can find it again if you're interested.
[This message has been edited by fal308 (edited December 18, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by fal308 (edited December 18, 1999).]

Timney got everyone stirred up this fall by announcing they were ready to ship Savage triggers when in reality they did not have a workable product. They have since scraped that project and are starting over with a new design. Probably be a year or more if they get the thing to work.
Sharp Shooter Supply triggers are in such high demand that most distributers never have any on hand but have long back order lists. If you call Brownells they have to put you on back order, if you call Fred direct he will sell you a trigger. He has limited production capacities so the direct sales take triggers away from the distributers and those on the waiting lists.

Ken: Turnaround from Brownells was less than ten days. Since I wasn't in a big hurry, the back order was not a problem. Well worth the dealer discount. :-) Now I just need to find the time to install it.

You might also try contacting Savage themselves about this. I believe they do some inhouse work like this. I also have a 10FP, and had to have the safety replaced. They did that no charge! Might be worth a call..

Savage Arms, Inc.
100 Springdale Road
Westfield, MA 01085
(413) 568-7001

Back