a good .22 revolver

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin6

I am in the market for a good quality, moderately priced, small frame .22 revolver with the following purposes in mind:
1) double action practice. (I have a S&W 642 and would like to be able to practice a lot of double action shooting without the bank busting investment of .38 ammo.)
2) for fun plinking and target shooting
3) to teach the kids how to shoot
At present I like the Taurus 94 9-shot in either 2" or 4" barrel. Has anyone shot this gun? What is the double action trigger like? How about accuracy? How does the cocked single action trigger compare to the popular trigger pulls on the many .22 autos on the market? Any suggestions are appreciated. :) Thanks, martin6

I have handled and fired a few Taurus small frame .22 rf handguns. Most of them were good, but had a very stiff mainspring. They were fairly accurate and the fit and finish was good for the price.
S&W doesn't make comparable models in the smaller size wheel guns. The Taurus models can be had with higher capacity. S&W limits their small frame .22's to six shots.
Cat

I personally dislike Taurus revolvers. While they are a good value for the money, the internal lockwork and safety features of a S&W is superior. For more details, you may want to do a search for some older threads. Consider a used S&W first.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

The J frame SW 317 carry 8 rounds. It is
the 63 J frame that is SS and 6 rounds.

Thus, the SW is one less than the Taurus
9 if you get the 317.

You can get a 63 snubbie but they aren't
that common.

I have a 317 and it's a decent gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back