What full size revolvers are all about
1955 Smith & Wesson 357 Magnum (pre-27)
Plenty of holster wear
Pronounced cylinder turn line
Vintage stocks found on eBay

EGPVVFD.jpg

n2Gv7iL.jpg

Very nice old smitty.
I view this site on my phone and the pic size is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bushmaster1313, please stop posting those huge images. They do nothing but annoy folks who might actually want to see more than 20% of an image at a time. I have already deleted one post of yours due to the huge images, and it was a drive-by post in that you included no text with it.

Start using the RESIZE function if your image is too big. I edited your post to include that code.

The RESIZE function is used like this:
[resize=800][img]http://i.imgur.com/EGPVVFD.jpg[/img][/resize]

The resize number can be anything up to about 1000 and still fit on a page nicely.

Does a resize button show up on Imgur?
I have no idea, but I would guess that it doesn't. As I demonstrated, you can resize an image when you post it here. Look at my example again.
I added [resize=800]...[/resize] to your image link.

I thought I'd jump in with mine. Early 70's Model 28 Highway Patrolman. Second gun I ever bought. I was finishing my degree in Police Administration at the time an interviewing with some PDs. Went in the military instead, but kept the gun. It's a great shooter! Update: Picture fixed, I hope!

attachment.php

Attachments

• My Model 28.jpg
    My Model 28.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 434
Last edited:
Great old gun, and one that you'll not be afraid to pack up in a good holster (LEATHER OF COURSE), and go for a weekend's camping with your kids. Good find.

And hey, if you find the original target grips over size for your hands, try a pair of Altamont's Target's for the S&W...just got a pair for my M19 and they fit to perfection, with just enough wood left down at the rear trigger guard/stock junction to prevent that 2nd knuckle rap! Rod

Love those big ol' Smiths, but I gave my Model 29 away for Christmas. Still have some single actions - the newest is my favorite:

44e35ad54bb5d7eb11d8b5e8049b5fcfb85c901.JPG

I have a 1974 smith model 28 6 inch, its a great gun and i got it from a gunsmith for 500 dollars with the original box. Model 28's are one of the most underrated .357 revolvers IMO.

Back