A Coyotes nightmare

Merle

Inactive
I hunt coyotes with an AK-47 in 223. A couple of weeks ago my sweet wife came to me and said she needed some advice for one of the X-mas gifts she was planning to give me. She planned on getting me a 100 round drum Magazine for my AK to hunt coyotes with. I laughed as I informed her that the drum mags. in 223 were very expensive and hard to come by, and that when I'm on a calling stand I only use a 10 rd. Magazine.
On the other hand with a 100 Round Drum how could a guy miss.

:) :) :) ;)

I don't think quantity is the issue. A buddy of mine blasted off five quick rounds at a mountain lion, one time. AR15, 3x handle-mount scope. Five misses.

A month later, back home, telling of the event, he got so excited he missed that lion three more times!

:D, Art

Actually My brother and I LOVE assault rifles and Coyotes!

We call them in close and then pop us and cut loose.

Sometimes the Coyote gets away, and sometimes he don't!

To be honest though I think some of the ones my brother "shot" actually had heart attacks! :D

I don't think quantity is the issue. ... ...he got so excited he missed that lion three more times!

But Art! Just think about how often he could have missed with a 100 round magazine!

:D

But a wife who'd give you a100 round mag as a gift? You got yourself a good 'un! :)

Last edited:
wowee

most i can have in a centerfire is 5 id kill to have even 20. now 100 thats my own little version of heaven right here on earth. i got 9 off with an SKS at a running yote but thats thanks to the use of stripper clips.

While I tote around my .204 ruger for yotes my buddy insists on his DSA FAL .308. Both do the job just fine, but my shoulder isn't sore when we come in and his usually is. ;)

In Oregon I do much Coyote with a AR but if you want to play by the book
and be - Legal.. You can only use 5 round max. in the Clip anyway.
Zeisloft say's it about Right though. Only takes - ONE - to make your day.

Back