A Call to Arms for a Time poll

Oatka

I got this address from the AR15 board.

Time magazine wants to know who you think should have been nominated Person of the Century.

The poster on AR15 suggested writing in "The American GI", which I wholeheartedly agree.

To my surprise, he is #16 in a field of 20.
Let's see if we can bring him up, at least
past Adolph Hitler (#3), John Lennon (#12), or Madonna (#14) -- Sheesh!
http://www.pathfinder.com/time/time100/poc/century.html

------------------
The New World Order has a Third Reich odor.

For crying out loud!! Who, in their right mind, would even see Adolf as "Person of the Century"?

But then, there was a political dignitary that recently stated that Hitler, Kruschev, and the like were great men...

We have to pipe some better plumbing into Washington. We have to get the s*%& out of the House. (Both of them)...

It must be the editors of Time from 1939 ... the ones that made Hitler "Man of the Year" that year...

And now "The American GI" isn't even on the list!
------------------
---
I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! - RKBA!

[This message has been edited by TR (edited December 28, 1999).]

Nearly three quarters (1935-1999) of the 20th century was shaped by the actions of Adolf Hitler. From WWII to the Cold War to the current borders of Europe, Hitler influenced it. It's not a legacy any sane person would want to leave, but you can't argue his impact on the world, even still.

The American GI, that's a worthy one. The GI is at .74% now.

[This message has been edited by Destructo6 (edited December 28, 1999).]

Elvis Presley? Good grief. I would pick Churchill over Hitler and not just for moral reasons. The world have become a much different place without his resolve. Einstein is a very good choice really. I was much happier with him than I would have been with Roosevelt (gag). I voted for the American GI regardless. Grunts changed the world and always will.

Back