A better gun lock?

freeNproud

Inactive
Keeping your gun secure and easy to get to in case of an emergency is a task that can be hard to juggle sometimes. In the heat of the moment fumbling with a lock or trying to get to a safe can cost you time that you don't have. I came across this post that talks about a new type of finger print lock that can make it easier to get to and making sure that you are the only one who can use your gun.

http://vincee.com/2014/09/15/new-take-on-smart-guns/

making sure that you are the only one who can use your gun.
I think that's a terrible idea unless you live alone, and anything that relies on fingerprints assumes you'll never get a cut or scratch that changes your prints.

Not a product I would buy.
I expect any gun I need to use to be ready for use before I pick it up.
Putting a lock of any type on it prevents it from being ready to use.

I think that's a terrible idea unless you live alone, and anything that relies on fingerprints assumes you'll never get a cut or scratch that changes your prints.

And what about when the battery dies? Many people leave their weapons for a long time between uses. I will definitely take a pass on this one.

Yea I would agree, that sounds like a terrible idea. I keep a gun in my nightstand. If you don't like that idea, I know they make some pretty cool bedside holsters...I've been kind of looking into getting one.

Back