*-_Tikka T3X Lite_-*

wdallis

Inactive
I purchased a Tikka T3X Lite in a 6.5 creedmoor. Standard blued barrel. I was hoping to find someone that has shot one new out of the box. How accurate is it out of the box? What scope would be best? What ammo works well? Thank you!

I have t3x in a 260. 6.5 not much different. Factory Federal match good to go. For reloads 143 Hornady eld X. 140 Nosler bt's. Anything 140 grain or better with the 1-8 twist is tack drivers with these rifles. I have a Vortex 6.5x20x50 on mine. 1/4 inch groups all day long. 20 inch barrel loses some velocity but I've chrono graphed close to 2950 with h4350. H4831 sc slower but more accurate.

I've had Tikka rifles in the past. Odds are that it will be a better than average shooter. My brother still has 2 and I'm very interested in going to one of the CTR's in a 6.5 or 308.

My 6.5 Creed is the Ruger Predator. It is the cheapest way into a 6.5 and I went that route to see if I liked the round. I do. The only thing I've put through mine is the Horndy 143gr ELD-X bullets. Both factory and my handloads are consistently around 1/2 MOA. The factory loads were a little slower than advertised, but my hand loads are running a true 2700 fps with the same or better accuracy. I'd bet the Tikka is at least as good and I'd not be surprised if it weren't better.

My rifle should be in Wednesday if everything goes as scheduled. I will sight in and get pictures to show everyone. I will be using the Hornady 143 grain eld-x ammo. ( I am like a kid waiting for Christmas Day)

Back