*-_Tikka accuracy Issues_-*

wdallis

Inactive
I am having some accuracy issues from my rifle. I am wondering if that little tab that is touching the barrel is enough to mess my accuracy up? I can stack 3 dollar bills together and run them in between the barrel and the stock and the dollar bills always stop on that tab. ( even 1 dollar bill will stop on it ) I wish I new how to post pictures, so that everyone could see.

That "tab" is more than likely your recoil lug.
Tikka has a slot milled into the reciever and the recoil lug fits from the stock into that.

You don't mention what kind of "issues" your having. More information would be helpful.

Do you have the aluminum recoil lug, or the newer SS one?
There were reports of accuracy issues with the older aluminum ones- many of which were resolved by replacing the lug.

What caliber and ammo are you using. A few more details may yeild better ansewrs. I went through a similar issue with the Tikka T3 243 i bought for my daughter. Tikka rifle tend to have slower twist rates and favor the lighter bullets. I tried about 6 different bullets 95-100 grain. Could not get any of them to group better than 3-5". Once i put a 90 grain bullet in it i went from 3-5" groups to 3/4" groups. I also bedded the action and replaced the plastic trigger guard with an aluminum one. I would run at least 5 layers of paper around the barrel. There is alot a flex in those stocks.
**use the right bullet weight for the twist rate of your rifle.
**double check scope mounts
**float the barrel
**ensure you have proper torque on action screws
**bed the action if you are comfortable with that. (Proper research before attempting)

Last edited:
I free floated the barrel and bought 2 boxes of less expensive ammo ( Hornady American Whitetail 129 Grain), the gun is now shooting 3/4 moa. Thanks for everyone that helped!

Back