9mm

Turk

9mm Compact

What is the smallest and lightest (realible) Compact 9mm Para auto currently being sold?

Thanks,

Turk

Three candidates:

Kel-Tec P-11 (They also make a .40 the same size)

Kahr P9 (The MK9 is smaller but, being all steel, is heavier than the polymer P9)

Colt Pocket Nine (if you can find one from before Colt shut down consumer handgun sales)

Dark horse candidates:

Glock 26: A little chunkier and heavier due to double-stack mag.
Taurus Millenium: Nice little pistol handicapped by a multi-ton trigger pull.
*&* CS-9: Nice little pistol if you can find a pre-agreement one.

My Kahr P9 is the best concealed carry pistol I've owned so far.

It doesn't have the shortest slide, or the shortest grip, BUT it's the slimmest and lightest 9mm I've seen out there, and that's what works for me. 100% reliable, handles +p, GREAT little pistol.

The only drawbacks... grip is very slim, and it only holds 7+1 rounds...

When Kahr releases the MP9, THAT will be the smallest and lightest 9mm semi-auto in existence.

the best

the smallest and lightest has to be the 9mm nova which is a semi-production (built in batches) version of the Star BKM...the maker's name was on the tip of my tongue when i started this post, but i just lost it :confused:...i think it's tim somthing...:o out of southern calif, he also does cut down ar15, m1a...

I second the Smith CS9 - got one just prior to the agreement, and it's my primary CCW. It can use the longer 10 round single-stack Smith magazines, if need be, which are pretty abundant.

I've recently (yesterday) been prowling the compact DAO market, I haven't shot any yet but the Kahr felt VERY nice in my hand. No P9 was available to compare to I did however heft an MK40, it was less comfortable in my hand and the slide was much stiffer. I type the next bit with some hesitation... but I prefered the K9 to the Glocks of similar stature (smallish hands). If you want even less gun than a P9 but can't wait for Kahr to make an MP9 look at this page: http://www.colt380.com/smk9.htm I also fondled a KelTec but it just wasn't as nice as I'd like even at half the price of the K guns.

Jamie Ridenour

Smith&Wesson Model 952

I hear rumors from "usually reliable sources" Tthat S&W is comming out with a modernised version of their Model 52 target automatic chambered for 9mm. thus Model 952. It is supposed to be a real tackdriver out of the box.

Hard Ball,
The article is in the Jan 2001 issue of GunWorld magazine.
God help me!!! It does look like a fine pistol. :eek: It is being made by the S&W Performance Center. No price was mentioned, but I would guess somewhere in the $1000 range.

brain back in gear...much thanks to jhp147 for the jumpstart

the maker of the nova 9mm is tim lafrance. due to the location of the slide stop pin, he can make a smaller gun than from a smith or colt clone.

the nova weights, the last time i checked, about 20oz, has a alloy frame, 1911 stlye thumb safety, sa trigger, teflon coating and beveled exterior. when i last talked to him, his goal was to keep the price down so that officers could afford them. WARNING: this was quite awhile ago.

he also made a great bush rifle (16" barrel) out of a M1A

Back