9mm sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrettyBoy

I guess everybody here probably already agrees with that though, right? 40 S&W is where the new action is... just like a 10 mm but with less recoil, and BETTER choice of firearms that shoot it. Its the only modern round out there... any dinosaurs here still shoot 9s or 45s... i bet not. people in the know aint gonna do that.

I'm afraid that I'll have to admit to being of them thar dinosaurs.

HKP7 and the 9mm. Worked for me since 1985, why change things now?

LawDog

pukeface.gif

18 posts so far on your first day? Come on, tell us which regular you really are.

OOOOOh, could those 'magic melting bullets' be made of ice?

I be a dinosaur?

I like .45 and 9mm exclusively in centerfire semi-automatics. I tried the .40 on many occasions, and I just don't like it. The 9 and 45 have been getting the job done for nearly a century now, I see no need to switch calibers. I think the .40 is a "fad" caliber, that will one day loose some of the current popularity. If you want to call me a dinosaur, so be it.

Dim-me 10

Like Jeff Cooper says the dim-me 10 a real moddern cartridge for those of you who could not handle
the recoil of the 10mm. Lets see if that little 40 stands the test of time.You know like proven cartridges, such as the 9mmluger or the 45automatic.

You, sir, are an idiot.

If anyone really wants to see the depth of "Pretty Boy's" knowledge to gauge if his advice is worth taking, click the "All Posts By Member" tab and kick back for a damned good laugh.

Not as good as the Mall Ninja with his "wall climbing boots" and trauma plate duct taped to his back, but there's the potential.

Mike,

You are correct in your assessment, but please tone your response down a bit. I think Prettyboy is LOOKING to start a flaming match and I don't want to see a valuable member as yourself caught in it.

I'm a dinosaur, too. Got a .45 on my hip right now. On the other hand, I've never been accused of being "in the know," either.

Just a tip for dealing with "expert" sites like TFL. A lot of us (like me) aren't experts, but a lot of us ARE. When dealing with experts, it's always better to ASK them what they think than to TELL them what they think.

Canine,

I've no intent of becoming embroiled in a flame war.

Too busy for that. I simply pass judgment, and move on.

In my judgment, Pretty Boy's either a teenager deciding to have some fun, or a troll, but any way you cut it, an idiot.

So, now that I've passed judgment, I'm moving on.

And speaking of Canines, mine want their dinners. :)

Oh, and thank you for your assessment of my value. I'm getting a swelled head. But that could also be the beer...

just giving you guys my opinion, based on what i have seen happen in the real world,nothing rong with 9mm if the only thing handy or you cant handle anything else, but you better aim for the headand hope you get lUcky

.40 Isn't For Everybody

I choose the .40 cause I can shoot it as well as any other caliber, its compact size, and it gives me the power I want. But I believe people need to choose the caliber they feel comfortable with and fits their needs.

Don't choose the .40 if it makes you a less effective shooter. The 9mm with good ammo is capable of anything you can reasonably expect from a defense handgun. (The Glock 26 is a good reason why the 9mm will live on) And people choose the .45 because they're not bothered by the bulk and having a big bore gives them a "warm fuzzy feeling".

Those who begrudge the .40 simply because its new or because they feel its a threat to the .45 are the only dinosaurs, not the rounds themselves. All the classic calibers have been updated with better bullet designs and more efficient loadings. The 9mm, .40, ,357, and the .45 will continue to fulfill the needs of every individual shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back