9mm PMCs

Frosty

Has anybody had any experience with PMC ammo. Don't hear alot about it. Been thinking about trying some in my P-95.

Great ammo for the price!

My Glock 26 loves this stuff. At 18 yards (I confirmed the distance with a rangefinder), I recently knocked a whole row of (water filled) beer cans down at my friend's private farm using PMC ammo. Every shot hit its mark. PMC ammo is very accurate and works well for the price!

I too use PMC, all depends on which gun shop I happen to be buying my ammo at. Works great, is on the dirty side. I also use Federal American Eagle and Wolf. The Federal is the cleanest, the Wolf and PMC are about the same as far as cleanliness with the accuracy edge going to Wolf. This is all out of a Ruger P94

I have heard others refer to it as "Pretty Much Crap" but I have never had a problem with it, in several calibers other than 9mm. Pretty much just shoot Winchester in 9mm.

The range where I shoot sells the PMC 9mm unless the customer has a preference, probably because of it's cost. I've used it in my USP9 and Sig P228. Not quite as accurate as the box of Black Hills that I splurged on recently, but still pretty good.

Only drawback I've noticed is MAN OH MAN is this some dirty ammo. Really noticable difference in the amount of carbon residue between the PMC and other brands. IMHO

Regards,
S.

PMC starfires are good stuff, they feed like ball and have a wicked hollwpoint, plus nickel cases. A little more flash/sparks but very good ammo.

I used to get a good deal on PMC, but Found Winchester whitebox and Fiocchi to be cheaper lately where I shop. Nothing wrong with PMC though. I have a P-95 also. Great pistol. Too bad there aren't more holster mfg's making concealment rigs for it. Oh well. It's good, and enjoy.
http://www.pmcammo.com/indexf.html

Ben

I've used a couple of cases of PMC in my 9mms. I never had a problem with it, though I agree that it is dirtier than some of the other brands. I have been buying Sellier & Bellott and Winchester USA because it is cheaper - see http://www.natchezss.com

I've used quite a bit of PMC in both 9mm and 45ACP. I think it's good ammo. Never gave me any problems. I pretty much use Winchester white box and S&B now but that's only because I usually find better deals with those brands. I wouldn't hesitate to use PMC again.

Joe

Used to use 3D Ammo but they went up on price and I had a couple of instances of hard primers with them...

I am halfway through my 4th 1,000 round case of PMC 9mm and haven't had any issues with it. Shoots to the point of aim and has been 100% reliable to date with no misfires or noticeable problems.

Of course, I am not a reloader so I rarely examine the brass to look for telltale signs of loading problems either.

Certainly not clean shooting stuff but not significantly dirtier than the 3D or any of the other cheap pactice ammo I use.

I am 1/2 way through a case of PMC, and am pretty disappointed. It is, in my experience, cleaner than Sellier and Bellot, but is still pretty dirty - and on my blow-back operated HK P7, that's not a good thing. It also seems less accurate than either the Federal American Eagle or the S and B. It's my first case, and my last.

My experience only, your mileage may vary.

I've never had a problem with them, affordable, reliable rounds. but as already mentioned, your mileage may very

Back