9mm NATO ok in P228?

cruiserman

I bought 9mm NATO ammo for my wife's Sig P228 yesterday, and I'm wondering if it might damage the gun any. I heard that the NATO round is a bit hotter than standard. Anything to worry about?

thanks

The US armed forces use NATO spec ammo in 9mm. The P228 is issued as the M11 and they seem to do just fine....

I'm sure you'll be just fine. I doubt it's hollowpoint ammo, so be careful about penetration if you use it for self-defense.

Ben

------------------
AOL IM: BenK911
ICQ # 53788523
"Gun Control Is Being Able To Hit Your Target"

The P228 can take a beating so don't worry. If you plan on feeding it thousands of rounds of ultra hot +p+ I'd keep my eye on the frame, especially on the area around the magazine release. Factory ammo loaded to SAMI specs will do just fine.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Guys the P228 is digest almost anything you feed it. I even shot and old 380 ACP box i had from a previous gun,albeit cycling the slide manually. I trust the P 228 I sold it cause I had too many Handguns and not enough rifles. Best to get something more versatile just in case SHTF say a Glock 40 or a P226/229 in .40, my reason behind this is stoping power and that most major Police departments carry these Guns. Hey they might even gives us some ammo to help them defend our land from the Mongol Invasion ( The People's Republic of China Army )

------------------

Well I'd rather sell off the plastic fantastic before I'd let go of a P228. Feed it all you care to, it'll chew right through it.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Back