9mm for CCW- sig228 or CZ75 PCR

CAP

Inactive
Interest mainly in sig228 or CZ75 PCR. Any advice / opinions?

my concerns:

sig 228 - 1)keep hearing about a rusting problem. 2) heard the 228 was changed to the 229 to beef up the slide to prevent the cracking problem.

CZ75 PCR - 1) the 2 I've seen both had poor finishes on them, 1 blued and 1 polymer. 2) unfamiliar with CZ, a little worried about buying an unknown gun.

TucoR,

Both are high quality pistols well suited to CCW. Both have a pretty serious track record of pleased users. The Sig is certainly better know in this country but the CZ line is gaining converts fast (the "Glock" of the '00s perhaps?). I prefer the feel, pointability, features, and design of the CZ - but that's just me. Whichever one seems to help you put rounds on target at reasonable distance while demonstrating 100% reliability would appear to me to be the "right" choice.

As to finish, I have to admit that I'm not too concerned about finish issues on a CCW piece. I certainly don't care what a defensive pistol "looks" like. If you carry it a lot, it's going to get worn. If you start to see corrosion, you're going to have it after market re-finished (hard chrome, birdsong, whatever). There are a lot of good after market solutions and a lot of factory finishes that will not last under CCW conditions. Sig has an enduring rep for finishes that don't hold up, but you might very well wear off/through the CZ finish. Just not something that seems to be a determinate in my mind between these two pistols although the PCR is probably available in a factory brushed chrome.

In the end, neither of these are going to be a bad choice.

The PCR ONLY comes in the Black Poly finish. Cz produces the other compacts in blue but no the PCR. My Polly finished PCR has held up very well. THe PCR is a little thinner as well. I have carried both. I like the PCR a little better than the SIG but not much.

I prefer the P228, but if I was buying on a limited budget today I would have to give serious consideration to the CZ. I would then save my money until I could get the P228, just like the first time I made this choice.:D

tucoR posted this topic, now it's showing up as mine and I'm getting Email that it has been replied to.

"Hello,

blades67 has just replied to your thread entitled - 9mm for CCW- sig228 or CZ75 PCR - in the Handguns: The Semiauto Forum forum of The Firing Line.

This thread is located at:
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=66421

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the thread."

Something is wrong here!

Back