9mm can ideas..

Sharkbite

Ok guys, i need some advice from the experienced supressor guru's out there.

Ive got or am waiting on stamps for a SDN-6, a Warlock (22lr) and a Octane 45. I just bought a 9mm upper for my SBR...

So, im thinking i want another can. This one to use on the 9mm upper and/or a pistol. The octane 45 is 300blk SUB rated so ive got redundancy there. No back up for a pistol. The Idea of having a 9mm can makes sense to me

Anybody want to throw in ideas for which 9mm can is tops? Im going to want something direct thread in 1/2x28 im guessing, to fit 9mm glock barrels AND the 9mm upper

I run an AAC Tirant-9 but Huntertown and YHM both have great cans and for less $. Just make sure you get a can that can be broken down. That way your can life with last longer when you shoot dirty ammo. Shoot cheaper ammo, shoot more, clean the can, longer life. Win all around.

I have a set up that is similar to yours. I have a Mystic that I use for a rifle and pistol, both 9mm.

Here it is with the boosters for the rifle and pistol. Easy to change over from pistol to rifle, and vice versa.

Here it is mounted on a rifle...

Here it is mounted on a pistol

I'm partial to the Octane 9. I have one and I think it's the best 9mm can on the market. I compared it to a few of the other top 9mm silencers in this thread:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534697

But since you already have an Octane 45, I'd go with the Ti-Rant if you want something slightly quieter, or the Mystic if you want something more versatile. Or maybe the Osprey, it's a cool design too. Yeah, I think if I already had an Octane 45, I'd go with an Osprey for my 9mm can.

Go with an Octane 9 or Osprey 9. They use the same pistons as the Octane 45 so you have interchangeability and you can use the Octane 45 on your 9mm as a redundant back up if ever "needed."

imagejpg2-1.jpg

Did the brandy snifter ever talk? :D

Back